Amy Barnes Consulting
Real People, Real Issues, Real Time
My work has always been about people, vitality and growth. I connect and combine different fields of experience - corporate change management roles, business, Gestalt and skills from therapeutic practices with creativity in response to clients' spoken and unspoken needs.
Since setting up as an independent consultant in 2003, I also successfully co-created an OD consulting business in Poland from scratch. An experience that afforded unparalleled opportunities to partner with great people to do great work.
I am good at seeing and working with linkages in complex systemic work. What delights me is when I am able to locate and unlock new worlds with my clients.
With my 'new' qualification in Biodynamic Massage Therapy in 2016, I am moving into health, well-being, sustainability and ecology in human systems. A central aspect of this work is helping people connect more fully with who they are as a feeling being.
Education and Professional qualifications
· Master of Business Administration (MBA) Distinction (University of Warwick)
Member of ABMT
PG Dip. in Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Theory
BSc. (Hons) Hotel and Tourism Management (University of Surrey)
· Certificate in Clinical Supervision (BPS Approved)·
Certificate in Gestalt Coaching
Certified Practitioner of NLP
British Psychological Society Level A and B
Sample of Leadership, individual and team development experience
· Executive coaching for Senior Executives and Board Members.
· Executive and team coaching for Board Members to N-2 levels.
· Coached Strategy Consultants on Presence and Confidence.
· Workshop for Women Leaders.
· ‘Just in Time’ workshops to develop OD capabilities while supporting PMI.
· Designed and delivered specific interventions for leadership teams e.g. AON, Roche, Ministry of Justice, Biersdorf.
· Large Group interventions with 150+ people in the room events.
· Co-leading ‘Leadership Development Intensive’ and ‘Executive Development Intensive’ of 3.5 days for leaders and top teams.
· Designed and led the delivery of leadership development events, assessment and development centers.
· Delivered leadership development programmes to underpin specific organisational turnarounds.
· Managed and implemented the design and delivery of a variety of management development workshops e.g. O2 Telefonica, AON, ABB, AmRest, Tchibo, Roche.
· Assessment and coaching of individuals using competency frameworks and psychometric tools e.g. O2 Telefonica, Motorola, KPMG/CSL.
Sample of conferences and keynotes
2015 NHS OD Conference- ‘Action Research’
2015 Empathy Conference- ‘Empathy in Business- An Impossible Possibility?’
2015 ELIAS- ‘The New Differentiator- Below the Waterline’
2014 ICF Chapter Leaders Global Conference, Malmo Sweden- ‘What Calls Me/ Us?’
2014 ICF Poland 10th year Anniversary- ‘Working with Polarities’
2013 Kongres Biznes to Rozmowy- ‘Highly Effective Relationships in a Technology-Driven World’
2012 Asia Pacific Coaching Conference- ‘Experimenting in the Here and Now- What Gestalt Has to Offer’
2011 International Organisation Development Association- ‘Open Studio- A Creative Container for experimenting, awareness, creativity and dialogue’
Sample of articles
Currently with editors Ready for U: A Facilitator’s Reflective Offerings chapter for Presencing, Book 3.
2015 Scherer Leadership International Commentary on BCG Research Puls Biznesu. Amy Barnes and John Scherer for Puls Biznesu newspaper http://popolsku.pb.pl/ published 14.9.15.
2015 Part 1: Preparing Polish Organization Development (OD) Consultants to Enhance Effectiveness of Regional Hotels in Malopolska and Part 2: How effective were OD Consultants in transferring OD Practices to Regional Hotels in Poland?- Report to the European Commission on EU-funded project for OD development in Poland.
2014 Is Polish HR Ready for OD? Amy Barnes, Agnieszka Wolanska and John Scherer for Personnel Plus. Translated version published in January 2015 special issue on OD.
2012 Stretching Into Our Boundaries- 8 Principles and Practices for More Powerful Coaching’ Amy Barnes and John Scherer for Asia Pacific Coaching Conference (APCC).